Now what did I do?!

Things I have tried

OK, I’m the guy that wanted to try to make a Zettlekasten spreadsheet. As many replied, it didn’t work very well, so I downloaded Obsidian and am very happy with the ease of use and the many capabilities included in the app.

I then started transferring all my spreadsheet notes over to Obsidian by copy and pasting my previous work. It went OK for a while, now when I try to copy over, the copied material shows up as a .png file, and there is a menu displayed in every blank note page showing icons that allow me to change the sort order, collapse, or expand results, change the sort order and search. I also get “Linked Mentions & Unlinked Mentions”.

What did I do and how do I get ride of it and revert back to just a blank note field that will allow me to paste in the text that I have copied without converting the material to a graphic file?

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

What I’m trying to do

You could try doing a Paste Unformatted. To do this, press Ctrl + Shift + v. This is just a guess. I think people would likely need more information about which software you are copying the content from. Perhaps that software has an export function that could output more usable data.

Good luck!

I am using Excel 97. I know that it is hopelessly out of date, but I am familiar with it and much of my work was done using the MS Office 97 software package. I also have the MS Office 2010 software package, as well as Libre Office suite, available to use.

BTW, the CNTR-SHIFT-V worked. Thank you for your help!

Now I just have to figure out how I messed up the settings! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.