Notion importer

First, search the help docs and this forum. Maybe your question has been answered! The debugging steps can help, too. Still stuck? Delete this line and proceed.

What I’m trying to do

I want to import a Notion page without the page icons. They look really messy in Obsidian.

Things I have tried

Used the Obsidian Importer plug-in to do this. I exported from Notion in HTML format, as the importer requires users to do. But I get a messy stuff (see below). The gray square is actually a Notion page icon. That’s how it looks in Obsidian after importing it with the plug-in.

Does anyone know any solution to this issue?

I recommend filing an issue to the GitHub repository so that the developers can easily find the problem.

1 Like

Oh, I’ve understood why the issue is there in the first place. I’ve exported only a database, not the entire workspace. When you have the entire workspace exported, the icons are recognized correctly and they don’t clutter the notes. I’ll let this thread here in case someone will search for it, like I did and found nothing useful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.