Notion import filled obsidian with image files

I used the Notion import, but now my fresh Obsidian vault has the notion pages as markdown (:white_check_mark: ) but the root is also full of the 500+ images that were on various pages. Very messy in my new space :frowning:

Any suggestions for cleaning this up?

1 Like

Depends on how the links to the images are formatted in your Markdown. Can you show an example?

Also, what do you want it to be like? I personally keep all my images in one /attachments/ folder. Do you want them in the same folder structure that you had them in Notion? Or simply out of the root folder?

There is a setting where new attachments should go. This won’t help you now, but it’s worth setting now.

If the images are linked with basic wikilinks ![[image.jpg]], then you could go into your system’s file explorer and just move all of the images into a subfolder. The links won’t break.

If the images are stored with a path, ![[/path/to/image.jpg]] or Markdown links [](/path/to/image.jpg) then this will likely break all your links. There might be a plugin or workaround that someone knows.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.