Note was deleted as I'm working on it

I had a note titled “Evergreen Notes” open in one pane and another note open in another. Somehow it just disappeared, I wasn’t even touching my keyboard at the time. I found the note in the Mac trashbin and a time-stamp was added to the title - “Evergreen Notes 10.38.38 AM.” Does anyone know why this may be, something to do with sync?

This was in the console:
Uncaught (in promise) NotFoundGraphError: Graph.forEachInNeighbor: could not find the “Evergreen Notes.md” node in the graph.
at MyGraph.Wt.t. [as forEachInNeighbor] (graphology.umd.min.js:1:33933)
at MyGraph.eval (MyGraph.ts:187:12)
at Generator.next ()
at eval (tslib.es6.js:76:71)
at new Promise ()
at _awaiter (tslib.es6.js:72:12)
at Object.Co-Citations (MyGraph.ts:179:37)
at Object.$$self.$$.update (CoCitations.svelte:86:37)
at update (index.mjs:760:12)
at flush (index.mjs:732:13)
graphology.umd.min.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) NotFoundGraphError: Graph.forEachInNeighbor: could not find the "
:white_large_square: Sort Now Roam Export/Evergreen Notes 10.38.38 AM.md" node in the graph.
at MyGraph.Wt.t. [as forEachInNeighbor] (graphology.umd.min.js:1:33933)
at MyGraph.eval (MyGraph.ts:187:12)
at Generator.next ()
at eval (tslib.es6.js:76:71)
at new Promise ()
at __awaiter (tslib.es6.js:72:12)
at Object.Co-Citations (MyGraph.ts:179:37)
at Object.$$self.$$.update (CoCitations.svelte:86:37)
at update (index.mjs:760:12)
at flush (index.mjs:732:13)

Also, this was listed under issues in console.

1. Audit usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform

2. A page or script is accessing at least one of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform. Starting in Chrome 101, the amount of information available in the User Agent string will be reduced.

To fix this issue, replace the usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform with feature detection, progressive enhancement, or migrate to navigator.userAgentData.

This looks like a problem with the graph-analysis plugin. Report the BR to them.

Just moving this to Help in case there are any other answers.

Did those messages appear in your console after you had found the missing note? Or did those messages appear around the same time the note disappeared?

I’m wondering if the errors are because the note was already missing, or if it has anything to do with why the note disappeared.

What sync tool are you using? You didn’t say.

@rigmarole @SkepticMystic (will open a github issue if you want)

I checked the console after I found the missing note in the trash.

The note did exist, it was actually opened in a pane and then just vanished without me even touching the keyboard or mouse. I was reading a note in the other pane on a big monitor. Interesting that it was time-stamped in the trash, not sure what added that.

Native Obsidian Sync. I’ll reach out to the graph analysis dev. If anyone sees a reason why this could be I’m interested.

In the trash, you mean the system trash?

Is your Vault syncing on your iCloud drive?

Yes, Mac Trashbin.

Nope, no Obsidian folder in iCloud drive.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.