Note Comments Panel

Plugin:

1. Add a comment to a specific portion of text (this can be done by having a special syntax to specify the highlighted text and include the comment after it which is parsed when transitioning into preview mode i.e. [text to be highlighted](comment to be attached to this section)
  2. Comments for a note are listed in a panel (thus can be placed as another tab next to the table of contents for example allowing ease of access and navigation)
  3. Clicking a comment causes the note to jump to the beginning of the highlighted text related to that comment
  4. Clicking a highlighted text causes the comment panel to jump to the comment for that section

Extra Functionalities:

• Allow to specify the highlight color which would provide a priority for the comments with a personal preference i.e. red = !important ; yellow = !average; green = !minor

Work Around Currently:

Related Plugin / Feature Ideas:

P.S:

• I have no idea how plugins are made and never made one personally but i believe this plugin would function a lot like the Table of contents panel coupled with the newly introduced feature of linking to specific sections of the text.
  • Great thanks to anyone that helps making this a reality :smiling_imp:
12 Likes

This would also be useful for my use-case as outlined in the related request: Feature Request: Comment Formatting

2 Likes

Re-writing the post to phrase it / explain it better, will include it in the main description!! Thank you!

3 Likes

Need to update the Read Me later, just wanted to drop this here

6 Likes

This implementation is amazing darakah! Thank you a lot!

I’ve created HTML based comments plugin here which has separate comments panel with search and navigation support . Try it out! Appreciate for feedback.

1 Like