Non-existent notes do not have faded wikilinks, when links are in tables in Editing mode

Hi, for v0.14.6, I have noticed that wikilinks for notes that I have not yet created (i.e. non-existent notes) are not faded when they are in tables.

In sum, the unexpected behaviour is only happening in the Editing view when wikilinks are inside tables. The expected behaviour for the wikilinks is happening in these situations:

• Editing view, with wikilinks outside tables
  • Reading view, with wikilinks outside tables
  • Reading view, with wikilinks inside tables

I’ve been using the Editing view for a few months now and haven’t noticed this before, so maybe this happened in a recent version.

Steps to reproduce

This is my document, to compare for the images later on (the only note created is ‘Deviance information criterion’ - the third note):

- [[Effective number of parameters]] $p_D$ (Spiegelhalter 2002)
- [[Optimism (Bayesian model complexity) | Optimism]] $p_{opt}$ (Plummer 2008)
- [[Deviance information criterion]] $\text{DIC}$ (Spiegelhalter 2002)

|Measure|Notation|Reference|
|--|--|--|
|[[Effective number of parameters]]|$p_D$|Spiegelhalter 2002|
|[[Optimism (Bayesian model complexity) \| Optimism]]|$p_{opt}$|Plummer 2008|
|[[Deviance information criterion]]|$\text{DIC}$|Spiegelhalter 2002|

Expected result

In Editing view, I was expecting the wikilinks for notes that haven’t been created yet to have a faded formatting, when they are in a table.

Actual result

In this document I have wikilinks to three notes. The third note is the only one that exists - the first two notes had not been created.

In Editing view:

• The wiklinks for the notes that haven’t been created are faded when outside a table (as expected)
  • However the bug is that the wikilinks do not show as faded when they are in a markdown table. See the tooltip in the image that also shows that the note was not created.

The behaviour of the wikilinks, inside and outside of the table, is as expected in Reading view:

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v0.14.6
	Installer version: v0.14.2
	Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043
	Login status: not logged in
	Insider build toggle: off
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	none

Additional information

N/A

thanks

will be fixed 0.14.8

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.