Non-animated slide transitions

I find the slides plugin extremely useful, but missing some key features to really make it an everyday item for me.

One feature that would be great would be different kinds of transitions. The sliding transtiion looks cool, but sometimes I have incremental slides that simulate PowerPoint’s animation features. E.g.,

1. All men are mortal.

1. All men are mortal.
  2. Socrates is a man.

1. All men are mortal.
  2. Socrates is a man.
  3. Socrates is mortal.

Sadly, Obsidian’s sliding transition animation makes this look pretty ugly and disruptive. An option for instantaneous transitions would be great.

I can use other md programs like hackmd to do the same thing. But since I save my slides, images, etc., in my vault, anyway, it’d be nice to keep it all within Obsidian. In particular, I like to save the images I use in presentations within my vault, and it’s nice to be able to simply drag and drop rather than getting the URL from my cloud service.

1 Like

Maybe digging into CSS transitions would help you with this. Not sure if this is possible but that would be the way to be able to handle the customized way

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.