No Results for Any Search

When I try to search no results appear at all.

Steps to reproduce

1. Open the search sidebar.
  2. Type terms to search
  3. Nothing appears.

Expected result

Notes matching the search term would appear.

Actual result

Nothing appears.

Environment

• Operating system: Mac
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.15.1
    Installer version: v0.14.6
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.5.0: Tue Apr 26 21:08:37 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.121.3~4/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000 21.5.0
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: insider
    Insider build toggle: on
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: light
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 8
    Safe mode: off
    Plugins installed: 21
    Plugins enabled: 0

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Custom theme: for cosmetic issues, please first try updating your theme to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community theme and snippets.

Additional information

Search does seem to work correctly in the sandbox vault.

post a screen recording of this happening in the sandbox vault.

As per my message it doesn’t happen in the sandbox vault. But here’s a screen capture of the issue with no plugins enabled and the Obsidian theme: Dropbox - 20220615 Obsidian Search Error.mov - Simplify your life

have you restarted obsidian after disabling plugins?

Ah, I had restarted Obsidian numerous times but not after disabling all the plugins. :man_facepalming:t2: It’s working again now. So I suppose I should re-enable plugins until it fails to determine the culprit? I’ve never seen this issue before.

yes, start with the ones that affect search.

1 Like

In case this helps anyone else, in my case the issue was the Icon Folder plugin. The issue is recorded here: Plugin causes search malfunction as of insider release 0.15 · Issue #79 · FlorianWoelki/obsidian-icon-folder · GitHub

1 Like