"next" and "prev" skipping items after replace

Steps to reproduce

Using the content below, and trying to turn it into a table, search for : and try to replace with |. Replace all works. But if you do it one at a time using next then replace and then next again, it seems to skip every other match.

06:29 : He calls them durable or fleeting notes.
07:13 : He uses an analog system of cards.
08:13 : The QUICK acronym. Quality (well written), unique, individual (self contained), context (how does it fit with other clusters of knowledge), and knowledge base. Acronyms in general are a really useful tool for remember things. I should create my own.
09:19 : Like the limiting factor of the note cards being small. Must distill it to the essence.
10:20 : As he reads he takes notes with a pencil in the book itself.
10:27 : Every few days he flips back through the book to see what really resonated with him.
10:42 : Those are the notes that he wants to move from fast-fleeting to durable. He uses Barron Fig Strategist note cards.

Expected result

Next should take you to the next match after a replace.

Actual result

Skips every other one.

Environment

Windows 10

I can’t reproduce this. After you hit replace you are automatically moved to the next instance.

I can reproduce it. Make sure you try to search and replace for those characters - colon and pipe - with a space before and after.

I copy pasted your example. Can you post a screen recording. Maybe there is somthing I am missing. No themes and no third party plugins.

Video:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjaZ-t3uLVN_0N4MKshKBVy7hqpWjw?e=Lhqv2v

When this issue is updated I am not receiving any emai. Should I?

This is the document:

1. Put Obsidian in safe mode so all extensions are disabled
  2. Come back to this file
  3. Search and replace in file
  4. Fill in space:space as the search field and space|space as the replace field
  5. Put cursor right here
  6. Click in sequence next then replace then next then replace

0629 | He calls them durable or fleeting notes.
0713 | He uses an analog system of cards.
0813 | The acronym. Quality (well written), unique, individual (self contained), context (how does it fit with other clusters of knowledge), and knowledge base. Acronyms in general are a really useful tool for remember things. I should create my own.
0919 | Some potential benefit of the limiting factor of the note cards being small. Must distill it to the essence.
1020 | As he reads he takes notes with a pencil in the book itself.

I can’t reproduce this. You can try to download and reinstall obsidian. Maybe you have a very old electron version.

Again, you don’t need to do next/replace. when you hit replace, you are automatically moved to the next istance.

Just uninstalled and reinstalled. No change. Maybe someone else should try to repro this? Windows 10.

I don’t think there anything recessary wrong. Maybe you get confused becase when you hit replace you are automatically moved to the next instance

The current behavior is actually identical to VS Code except for a UI issue. My confusion is that after you do a replace, Obsidian does NOT show the next match as automatically highlighted. Try it in VS Code and you’ll agree the behavior is more intuitive. When you click Replace you’ll know what is being replaced but in Obsidian you don’t.

I saw that too