I just released a new plugin for automatically creating new notes when linking to them.
Features in this release
- Trigger link insertion by typing
- Automatically create a new note when inserting a link to a non-existing note
Read more here here
I’ve got the latest version of this plugin but I’m unable to get it to work. running Obsidian v0.14.6 on a Mac and I’ve tried the @ plus other allowed symbols but get no response from the plugin. What am I doing wrong?
On a windows system, using the same version of Obsidian, the plugin works fine.
Sorry for not answering earlier. I apparently do not receive notifications…
Have you tried using the plugin in a completely new vault with only the Note Auto Creator plugin installed? If it works there it must be some other plugin or setting that is interferring.
I do not have a Mac myself so I have unfortunately not been able to test there.
I hadn’t but I just did and I still see the same issue - the @ doesn’t trigger anything. I’m wondering if it’s some sort of conflict with a keybinding? I’ll keep poking at it.
That might be. I had an opportunity to try the plugin on a Mac (macOS 12.3.1) today and the plugin worked as expected there.
Note Auto Creator v1.2.0 is now released
- Support searching for existing notes by alias
- Make it possible to disable suggestions for non-existing notes
- Support linking to headers in existing notes
- Indicate if inserting a link will result in a new note being created
- Update visualization of notes to be compatible with Obsidian Desktop v0.15.6 and Mobile v1.3.0 (If you are using an earlier version of Obsidian this plugin will still work, but suggestions for aliases and headers might look a bit odd)
Just to tie this off - it turns out I had an older installer version (12.x) which doesn’t get updated with the normal check updates. I downloaded the latest version of obsidian and replaced it on my Mac and now the @ sign works perfectly to create a new note.
Note Auto Creator v1.3.0 is now released
- Make it possible to limit where note suggestions are collected from
- Make it possible to include folder paths in suggestions
- Make it possible to use relative paths when inserting links