Steps to reproduce

Open pdf in new pdf viewer
drag pdf viewer tab out of main obsidian window
minimize main obsidian window
scroll down pdf

Expected result

PDF renders each page as you scroll

Actual result

Some way down the pdf the pages no longer load, some pages load blank, some don’t load at all.

As soon as the main obsidian window is unminimized the pdf will render correctly. Then when reminimised, pages further down will unrender.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.3.4
Installer version: v1.3.3
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19044
Login status: not logged in
Insider build toggle: off
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

Using the zoom in and zoom out buttons at the top of the PDF viewer, seems to randomly change which pages render and which do not.

very interesting

Will be fixed in v1.3.5

My guess is I am seeing the same bug, but in a slightly different way. I will report it here anyway. What I find (on Windows 11 with Obsidian v1.3.4) is that if I right click on a link to a pdf and select “Open in new window” it will never render the pdf - you just get a window with the title and a blank note. The same pdf will always render correctly if I choose “Open link”, “Open in new tab” etc. (i.e. it opens in the same window as the link).

The new pdf viewer is great. It has replaced Sumatra as my default pdf viewer, but getting this bug fixed would give a bit more flexibility.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.