New Nested Canvas Option in Canvas context menu that adds a canvas inside the folder of the original Canvas

My request is more of a way to make creating Nested Canvases easier.
Instead of creating a canvas by clicking on the left pane, and then dragging it into the target folder, this is what could be done:

1. a) Right Click on the canvas itself and see an “Add Nested Canvas” button. That should create a nested canvas inside the original Canvas

b) The Nested Canvas should be placed inside the same folder as the Original Canvas.

1. The naming could also be modified so that a new Nested Canvas would be called “Untitled Nested” instead of just Untitled, although that’s upto preference.

Point 1b can apply to Notes as well, meaning that if I create a New Note in a Canvas, the new note should be placed inside the folder of the Canvas.

11 Likes

Bumping this one, as it shouldn’t be hard to implement, but would greatly improve the experience.

4 Likes

Not sure how I didn’t see this before, but I think this would be a great idea. Granted, it’s not terribly difficult to click the New Canvas button, but it would be great to knock out multiple actions at once:

1. Create New Canvas
  2. Open it in new background tab (optional)
  3. Place it under the cursor on the host canvas
  4. Name it from within the host canvas
  5. Switch over to the tab or double-click on it to dive deeper
1 Like

Yes. Exactly.
Its all about convenience. I am anyway right-clicking on the folder to add a canvas, then dragging it into the existing canvas. This just makes it that much easier.

1 Like

Glad you agree!