New Features for Tables

Main Description

Hi!

Please consider adding the following features for tables:

• Text transfer to a new line
  • Bullet List
  • Tab

• Scale the table to the entire workspace (example from Notion)

vivaldi_pc39mzmhPS

• Free scaling of table columns (example from Notion)

vivaldi_IYwigcFxNH

:exclamation: is primarily relevant for Live Preview. :exclamation:

Use case or problem

I often use tables in Obsidian, especially when I’m learning new programs, and trying to organize and structure information related to them. I prefer to do it in a table format because I find this visualization of information the most clear and easy to understand and easy to use.

But in Obsidian, working with tables is uncomfortable, and the basic functionality is simply missing.

This Feature Request is not about improving the comfort of working with Obsidian, it is aimed at adding the necessary (for me personally) functionality for tables.

Proposed solution

How you might implement this function I don’t know. I’m not a programmer, and I’m not familiar with Obsidian’s capabilities, what can and cannot be implemented in it.
You know better than I do how you can implement this function.

As for how it solves my problem…
There is a need to add new functionality to Obsidian → New functionality is added → Need met
… I may have somehow misunderstood the meaning of the question asked in the Feature Request template (English is not my primary language, I use a translator)

Current workaround

• Text transfer to a new line: <br>
  • Bullet List: Bullet Operator Symbol
  • Tab: Invisible Character ‏‏‎ ‎

Related feature requests

12 Likes

Everything is good here i’m also looking for 2 features the most 1st is table and 2nd is vault or file password protection.

Not sure if we can get this feature soon because of that i’m still making notes on trilium notes :face_holding_back_tears:

Please, one FR per post and search before posting.

1 Like

Got it sir but Tabel is most important at least I need them maybe others too. i have more than 10+ use cases of the table but can’t use one properly :smiling_face_with_tear: my most awaited feature is going to be a table.

HOPE can see and use it soon.