New Android version - how do I search on this?

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

I’ve searched on the forum but can’t find the answer. This morning there is a new version of obsidian on my Pixel 4a.

I can’t for the life of me find a search button that will work.

There is a search bar but putting tags into it for example doesn’t work.

Make sure to read the release notes. Check that your themes and plugins are up to date. Turn off any custom CSS snippets.

For anybody else who had as much trouble finding global search as I did and who stumbles across this thread looking for an answer, here’s how you get to it:

• Tap the button in the top left to open the navigation drawer (I don’t know the official name for this and the button is only labeled ‘expand’)
  • By default you’ll now be looking at ‘Files’
  • Tap the word ‘Files’ or the icon to its right of two arrows pointing in opposite directions - now you’ll see (with no plugins installed, at least) a list that contains:
    • Files
    • Search
    • Tags
    • Starred
  • Tap on ‘Search’

I don’t know if this is the trouble the person who posted this question asked was having, but before discovering this, I stumbled across the graph view filter pane first - it has a text field confusingly labeled ‘Search files…’ - and was confused when it didn’t search my files.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.