Nested Lists - Basic Question

I have searched the help forums and I understand that a nested list is acheived by using tabs. I have never used markdown before so this is new to me.

When I preview the document the tab seems to have no effect and all my bullets are in the same level.

Any reason why tabs might not be working for me? Am I doing it wrong?

Can you post a screenshot (both edit and preview mode)?

Sure. Here is the edit mode:

Here is the Preview Mode:
Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 3.05.01 PM

your preview actually doesn’t show bullets at all… You have to put a space after the “-” (btw., you can use either - or * )

1 Like

Hey @Habius,

Like @alltagsverstand said you need to make sure there’s a space after the - so that it looks like this

I made a full video and some extra resources all about this. I think you’ll find it helpful, let me know if you still have any questions left

:flushed: I knew it was something simple like that. Thanks!

No problem, you’re welcome! :wink:

Markdown is actually really easy to learn - search the web for “markdown syntax”, there are dozens of nice overviews and cheat sheets!

Amazing. Thank you for the link to the video.
Bit of a learning curve having never used markdown and now trying to devise a personal knowledge management system and figure out obsidian and devonthink all in one go!
Cheers.

1 Like

My pleasure, I get you feel free to send me a DM here or on discord. Or even an email https://santiyounger.com/contact I can help point you in the right direction

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.