Need help to make cool shortcuts =)

Hello everyone!
I am quite new to Obsidian, and I am trying to perfect my workflow.
I would need the help of the community - I am trying to achieve some shortcuts via IOS to make this as I need

I already went through the whole topic on the forum about the best shortcuts from the community and already took some of them - I also tried to modify some of them to fit my needs but to be honest my comprehension and knowledge of the shortcut are really limited :dizzy_face:

:boom:Here is what I would love to achieve>

• SHORTCUT 1
    [ Step 1 ] A shortcut that would allow me to make a quick note like the image below
    //when I press the shortcut a pop-up appears where I can Input my text//

[ Step 2 ] After pressing ā€œOKā€ I would be able to send that text to a pre-existing note/folder
    For example, I want to add a quick note to my Note ā€œIdeaā€ (that already has text in it, like previous thoughts and ideas ) I got the pop-up, then I can choose between notes and send it quickly to ā€œIdeaā€.
    Is this possible?

• SHORTCUT 2
    Step 1 would be the same as shortcut 1, but instead would go to a unique note of my choice. I just want to be able to add that text to this particular note, with, if possible, the date.
    Something like this:

Note Journal

• I played tennis [date]

I would like to be able to send a note so that it becomes

Note Journal

• I posted on the Obsidian forum to make new shortcuts [date]
  • I played tennis [date]

Thank you to all readers and helpers,

:v:

The first one is easy as you just feed your text into the ā€œAppend to text fileā€ action with the option Make new line enabled to a selected file.

I use this method to quickly dump tasks into a fixed file, and in my Daily Notes I use the task plugin to display pertinent tasks or I can triage them by adding start dates or tags. Since I use iCloud Drive for syncing, the shortcut works on both the Mac and iOS.

The second one will take a little bit more work as youā€™ll need to calculate the file name and use the ā€œGet File from Folderā€ action to feed into the ā€œAppend to text fileā€ with some extra coding to handle the case where the Daily Note file hasnā€™t yet been created.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.