NBI OTP not received - how should I track this in Obsidian?

Hi everyone,

I am stuck with an NBI Clearance application at the moment because I am not receiving the OTP on my phone.

I have checked the mobile number and it looks correct. I also tried requesting the OTP again, but I still did not receive it. I don’t want to keep clicking resend many times because I am not sure if that will make the problem worse.

I use Obsidian for keeping notes about important applications and documents, so I started making a small note for this issue. I am writing down when I requested the OTP, how many times I tried, what device/browser I used and if the OTP eventually arrived.

But now I am wondering if there is a better way to organize this kind of troubleshooting in Obsidian.

For example, should I make one note for the whole NBI application and keep the OTP attempts as a checklist, or should I make a separate troubleshooting note?

The main problem right now is still the OTP not coming, but I also want to keep a proper record because I may need to continue the application later.

Has anyone here used Obsidia

Right now those notes are helping you track history and gain insight, and maybe even give you a place to log personal frustration.

Is this the kind of information that, once the issue is resolved or—hopefully not, but possibly—given up on, you’ll never again need to review in depth?

If so, then I wouldn’t spend too much time structuring the data. A simple bullet-point log of attempts could be both sufficient for the task and handy to archive.

The annoying OTP process is already siphoning off your time; be sure not to let it drain more by having it incite marginally useful work around it.

…

(that should be the end of my reply)

:face_with_peeking_eye:
…

That said, I don’t if this will resonant with you, but here’s how I tend to handle information when its future proportions are yet unknown.

Almost everything starts within something that already exists. Already have a “clearances” note with an NBI section? Or an “NBI applications” note? Start there.

I use nested bullet lists, dates, and links for troubleshooting logs. Roughly:

- [[2026-09-27]]
	- 11:00 pressed `Send OTP`
		- device something, browser whatever, phone `+63 917 555 0123`
		- 15:00 no OTP received
		- [>] try again tomorrow

If that gets cumbersome or even just annoying to look at, it could go into a collapsed callout or get its own note:

---
record of:
  - "[[NBI applications]]"
  - "[[troubleshooting logs]]"
---

- [[2026-09-27]]
	- 11:00 pressed `Send OTP`
	- [...]

The list is still part of the note it came from via the “record” property.

If I end up needing to compare (or in any way manage) what’s in the list, then to Properties they go!

"2026-09-27 NBI OTP attempt.md"

---
record of:
  - "[[NBI application 1]]"
  - "[[online form submissions]]"
date: 2026-09-27
time: 11:00
device: "[[something]]"
browser: "[[whatever]]"
result: nada
---

You need nothing more than the above for a base to gather all the log-in attempts for you to compare across time and even across devices and browsers. And even across NBI applications. And even across all online submissions, whether for security clearances or financial instruments. And even… as far as you care to link your properties.

In the system above, each attempt is a record of the NBI OTP process. This instance of the NBI OTP process could be a record of all instances of any agency’s OTP process. Which in turn could be a record application process, or of online processes. Etc.