Navigate Back/Navigate Forward links in 0.16.1 Insider Build

So far I like the UI changes.

I did not like the Navigate Back/Navigate Forward buttons in the title bar, and I’m happy to see it go – I don’t like any buttons in the title bar for accessibility reasons. But where did it go? I see the shortcuts are still there but there are times when I used those buttons. Are they gone?

1 Like

Not in front of the computer now, but you can activate these icons in Options > appearance > window frame style (I think)

2 Likes

Thanks, that worked for me. I chose Obsidian frame. You need to restart Obsidian afterwards.

2 Likes

Ah, yeah it’s in the Obsidian Frame. I’d love to see those links appear in the UI separate from the top bar preferences but this is handy, thank you

1 Like

I use these two plugins to add the navigation to the document panes. I haven’t updated to 16 yet, so I’m curious if they keep working. Customizable page header adds the forward and back navigation and pane relief add a left click accessible file history. This all might be less important with tabs. Still I’ve gotten used to the workflow and I also do not like them in the title bar. I like to use obsidian in full screen mode with title bar hidden. So there is another use case.

1 Like

I’m happy to say that in the latest insider build of 16 that the previous/next buttons have been relocated and work on a tab-by-tab basis!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.