Namespaces in Obsidian? (like Logseq)

Things I have tried

Google, the docs, and hours of YT videos :-/
Seriously, I’m down the rabbit hole with Obsidian… :slight_smile:

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying to build a project-management system in Obsidian. I’ve also come across Logseq, and find their “namespaces” approach to make tremendous sense for project management. For example: work/clientname/jobname
It makes finding todos by job or client easier.
Are there easy workflows or workarounds or a plugin to produce something similar in Obsidian that creates structure and discoverability in this hierarchical way?
thank you

1 Like

Have you tried adding tags like Tags: work/clientname/jobname into your frontmatter?

Have you tried adding your notes into folder structures, like work/clientname/jobname ?

How do you feel about either of those solutions? Or a combinations of them? They both have their own pros and cons, but they both address some aspect of your initial requirements. So what do or don’t these methods do for you?

Another question, do you depend on jobname to be unique, or could they be shared by different clients? (With folders, you can still link rather easily to them, and the auto completion will show which client you’re about to link to)

1 Like

Thank you. I’m not using Obsidian yet. I’m still researching both Obsidian and Logseq. I did not think I could use the ‘/’ character in Tags. Does that work? It would make for long tags, but it’s something…

Jobnames are unique to each client (for me). I suppose a folder structure of work —> folders for each clients —> all jobs per client would work. This is where my lack of real-world experience stops me from judging. I want to be able to easily see where a todo lives — which job/client it’s attached to, without having to explicitly tag each todo.

Beside of nested tags as @holroy suggested, u can also use this plugin to enhance the visual and details of your tags. Hope it could help u to stay with Obsidian :slight_smile:

You may also be interested in the Obsidian Projects plugin.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.