My PKMS

4 Likes

What’s that?

The structure of my PKMS.

AREA, TOPIC, THEORY, and OBSERVATION are notes/files in Obsidian. Each note has a specific tag:

AREA #area
TOPIC #topic
OBSERVATION #observation
THEORY #theory

The relations between notes are dataview inline fields.
Does it make sense?

I was just curious. It seems you use your PKMS to do scientific inquiry. Sure it makes sense :slight_smile:

I use other entities, less scientific, such as question, opinion, conversation, etc.

When I use the PKMS to work as an engineer, I connect entities such as people, drivers, goals, outcomes, principles, requirements, planning, software artifact, etc.

I use relations such as ‘is a’, ‘supports’, ‘requires’, ‘belongs to’ that help me to track actionable items.

How do you do the diagram?
Do you use the breadcrumbs plugin?

1 Like

You are right, this more apt to a scientific body of knowledge. The graph is simple mermaid. You can do it directly in Obsidian.

Yes, I use breadcrumbs, but I’m still struggling with it. I use for instance topic and area inline fields as parent hierarchy. Still I’m wondering if this is not just unnecessary complicating the whole structure. I want to keep things as easy and plain as possible to safeguard applicability to the major possible variety of contexts.