My (largely popular) open source thread was hidden, and now there isn't any way to recover it

Hi all. I have been away for a few months but I ran through my emails and saw one from this forum saying that my “Open Sourcing of Obsidian” thread was hidden due to community flags.

Here is the full message:

Hello,

This is an automated message from Obsidian Forum to let you know that your post was hidden.

Open Sourcing of Obsidian

Your post was flagged as inappropriate: the community feels it is offensive, abusive, or a violation of our community guidelines.

This post was hidden due to flags from the community, so please consider how you might revise your post to reflect their feedback. You can edit your post after 10 minutes, and it will be automatically unhidden.

However, if the post is hidden by the community a second time, it will remain hidden until handled by staff.

For additional guidance, please refer to our community guidelines.

I understand this function and the purpose; but the forum thread in question was not against community guidelines. It was a debated topic, sure; but there must have been hundreds of thread replies to it. It was obviously a subject that people wanted to talk about.

Is there any way to get this back?

1 Like

I would also be interested to learn what happened there / what was in the thread that could be perceived as inappropriate.
I think many people are sensitized as to what happened / is happening in Roam’s communities.

I’ve un-hide it. Honestly I don’t know what happened, the last flag was from May 31. Not sure if it’s related to comment flags or just the flags applied to the main post.

In any case, it’s restored now. It wasn’t our or any moderator’s intention to hide it.

4 Likes

And that’s why we love the Obsidian community :slightly_smiling_face::purple_heart: Thanks for checking @ Silver!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.