My 30-Day Obsidian Publish Challenge

Hi all,

TLDR; I’m doing a 30-day challenge to publish a small note every day using Obsidian Publish. I’m on day 4/30 and if you’re interested, feel free to join in!

I’ve completely fallen in love with Obsidian and have gotten good at collecting and connecting. But I didn’t really publish anything even though my vault had grown large. So, I subscribed to Obsidian Publish and figured, “Hey, if I’m paying for this, I might as well use it.” – So, I decided to publish at least one new note every day.

There are only two rules I’ve set for myself:

1. The only thing that matters is to publish consistently. One note a day at a minimum.
  2. Note-length does not matter. A note can be a single word, a sentence, a paragraph, a 10,000 finished word essay or anything in-between.

Week 1 is about bootstrapping with a clean vault
Week 2 is fleshing out notes from week 1
Week 3 is about connecting notes
Week 4 will be (TBD) something about structuring longer formats using existing notes

Anyways, just felt like sharing this with you. If you feel like joining in in any shape or form let me know.

If you’re interested, here’s my plan and the exercises

I wish you a great day and happy publishing,

Alexis

11 Likes

I like it!

Reminds me of Seth Godin’s philosophy to post to his blog every single day regardless of length. He’s done it for years now and has over 7,000 posts and a million plus readers. Crazy.

Props for doing this,
Ray

1 Like

That’s really cool, I didn’t know that! Thank you for sharing.

I’m now on day 6/30 and have to say, I LOVE how Obsidian Publish helps me build my digital garden gradually.

Because my notes connect non-linearly, I can publish every day, all the time. It’s like CI/CD for my ideas, adding and shipping a small addition here, a small new feature there…

I don’t have to think in terms of “blog posts” but just in terms of sharing the bits and pieces that I think are awesome (See the Unstoppable Freight Train of FUCK-YEAHness
for details).

I’m also glad I’ve set myself some exercises, too, to guide the process a little.

Anyways, with Obsidian Publish I feel empowered to “own the whole pipeline.”

2 Likes

Great stuff and a good showcase for Publish!

1 Like

Thanks so much!

It’s been a fun ride to go back and bootstrap my vault with things I really, deeply care about and go from there.

I’d love to see other people’s digital gardens published on Obsidian. Do you have one?

Hey @akaalias this is awesome, really cool challenge! Thank you for sharing. I really enjoy looking at other people’s digital gardens.

I just shared mine, I treat it purely as a Zettelkasten

hope you like it!

1 Like

OOoohhh! So cool, thank you for sharing. Love it :smiley:

1 Like

appreciate it! Keep it up with the 30 Day challenge, you inspired me to write daily, thank you!

1 Like