What I’m trying to do
I was just typing notes and then an error popped up saying
Failure to save
Things I have tried
- I ran the Remotely Save plugin in order to backup my files, however this failed with the error
EBADF: bad file descriptor, write at eval (plugin:remotely-saveon the file I was working on along with some screenshot images from yesterday, which were also in this file.
- I checked on my phone and everything works perfectly there. Just the desktop version is having problems
- I uninstalled and reinstalled Obsidian
- I deleted the backup file, and also the copy of it on my desktop, and then reuploaded from my phone (which had the file working) to the cloud, and then tried to download it, but that failed saying
EBADF: bad file descriptor, write at eval (plugin:remotely-saveagain, on the same files.
- I tried making a new version using QuickAdd, but now all of sudden QuickAdd says the template does not exist.
- I opened the template file to double check, and it loaded empty, then after a minute or two, loaded the template.
- Tried running the quickadd plugin again to create a new version of the notes I was working on using the template I had open and it still gave the error saying template does not exist
- I tried updating my plugins on desktop but it fails to update any of the plugins whether I click Update All or Update on each one. These are the plugins awaiting update on desktop: Admonition, Code Editor Shortuts, Emoji Toolbar, Full Calendar, Metadata Menu, Notion Like Tables, Obsidian Columns, Projects, Quickadd, Tasks.
- I tried updating the plugins on my mobile and that works just fine, all plugins were updated.
So only my desktop version for some reason is having problems with accessing/writing files and updating plugins.
I am on Windows 10. Current version of Obsidian is v1.2.8. Installer version is v1.2.8