Multicolor Highlighter

I have been using the Highlighter App in concert with Obsidian (it generates Markdown formatted highlights) and I’d love to be able to highlight text in different colors within Obisidian.

2 Likes

There is the highlightr plugin by @Chetachi but I haven’t personally used it and it hasn’t made its way into the obsidian plugin store yet.

2 Likes

Ooh! That’s precisely the thing I was looking for. I’m just coming to grips with the fact that not all plug-ins are in the Obsidian community section, but will hope it gets there soon.

credit @Moonbase59Compatible highlighting with more colors–and fast!

2 Likes

It WAS a great plugin but with the release on 0.15.6, it no longer functions. I hope they fix it soon.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Originally, this plugin worked beautifully. But, it has stoped and I’ve been trying to figure out why. The reason has me stumped. From the plugin’s GitHub page, “This plugin adds 2 menu items: Highlight and Unhighlight. These menu items can only be seen on text selection.” This much is still happening. However, the following no longer works. “Clicking “Highlight” will trigger the highlighting menu, allowing you to choose from an assortment of colors.” My only highlighting options now are the base Obsidian highlight function (menu command) which only gives me yellow and is not accessible via a contextual menu.

If you have updated the plugin, it should be working perfectly now.
Works fine for me on 0.16.2