More note serendipity - Showing your notes on Google search results

Hi everyone,

Evernote has a nice feature that shows your notes on Google search results. I think this type of feature would be tremendously helpful to increase the serendipity of my old notes when I need to review them (= exact moment I search for sth).

I think I could build a chrome extension that shows related local markdown notes on Google/DuckDuckGo/Bing search results.

Does anyone want to try this out? I’d start if there is sufficient interest.

46 Likes

I’d be very interested in this!

1 Like

Sounds very useful.

1 Like

Have used a few tools in the past that did this (including Evernote) and have always found it very useful. Would love to have this for Obsidian!

2 Likes

sounds great! Would love to see it implemented~

Let’s all upvote the post!!

1 Like

That’s sounds pretty good. Tbh I’ve never used that feature on evernote but I’ll love to try it with obsidian :file_cabinet: :fire:

1 Like

@EhuddRomero : I used Evernote years ago, tried that feature, then dropped it because it was not giving me what I expected. So, I am with you on that one.

Having said that, Obsidian is far superior to Evernote, so, like you, I would like to try it with Obs.

I upvoted the OP.

2 Likes

This would be so cool, an additional UI example for a tool that is completely unrelated is keywords everywhere

4 Likes

I would find this extremely valuable!!

1 Like

+1 interested

Definitely interested.

can’t wait to see it