[Mobile](iPad&Android)Cursor loses visibility when writing in table columns

We strongly recommend you to search the forum with possible keywords before submitting a new bug report. Please also try your repro steps with third-party plugins and custom CSS disabled and see if it’s still reproducible. If it’s an issue with third-party plugins or themes, try contacting the author for help. Once you’ve done the above, delete this line.

Steps to reproduce

Write any text larger than 150 letter.

Expected result

The cursor should remain visible and on holding the screen for a few seconds should highlight the character under it.

Actual result

And the cursor will disappear. It then becomes impossible to get back to that position or track where will you write next.

Environment

• Operating system:
  • Debug info:
    iPad, Android

Additional information

1 Like

post a screen recording of this happening in a clean vault.

IMG_0129 (1)

As you can see the cursor goes invisible after a certain character limit. I didn’t show but after that I can’t move it anywhere.

It was a fresh vault btw

thanks

It is marked as an issue?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Before opening a new bug report, please search the forum for duplicates

Yep, it’s right here, was acknowledged two years ago, but closed as inactive. I can’t post there to raise awareness. I just ran into it on iOS, just as described there.

We only consider bugs that are reproducible in the sandbox vault or a vault with no third-party plugins/no css snippets/default theme.

Already happened, just needs followup. Please see original report.

This is a source mode problem. Does it happen with the new tables in live preview?

No, the table works in Live Preview. I agree that the bug is specific to Source Mode.