Meta Post - Migration Workflows

Collection of various Workflows for Migrating your Notes

#import #migrate

6 Likes

23 posts were merged into an existing topic: Meta - Migration Workflows

I’m keen on importing records from Wikipedia, directly via some kind of template.

Thanks.

Pandoc looks useful, as does Pywikibot

I’m currently using Nimbus Notes (after migrating to it from Evernote a couple of years ago), and am starting to be very unhappy with it. The only export options it provides are PDF and HTML. If I move to Obsidian, would there be a way to import either of those?

If you want to import them into an Obsidian vault, the PDFs at least would need converted to markdown if you want to do anything more than just read them. Obsidian has native support for reading PDFs, but doesn’t OCR or index them so they aren’t searchable form inside obsidian without a community plug-in. I recommend pandoc for converting.
As markdown is a ~superset of HTML, you could try just copying them over, but you’ll have a better editing experience converting them to markdown first. Again, pandoc for that.

https://pandoc.org/

I want to move from boostnote to Obsidian. Is there any easy way to migrate my notes? Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.