Merge Option disappeared from context menu

Steps to reproduce

• open an existing file in obsidian
  • open context menu (3 dots) of that file to use the merge command for merging two notes together

Expected result

• I expect to find the merge option within the context menu every time I need it

Actual result

• sometimes the merge option is there, but often its not there. So far I could not find any pattern on why this happens or how I can make the option reappear.

Environment

• Operating system: macOs and iOS
  • Debug info:

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v0.14.6
Installer version: v0.12.19
Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.4.0: Mon Feb 21 20:36:53 PST 2022; root:xnu-8020.101.4~2/RELEASE_ARM64_T8101 21.4.0
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Insider build toggle: on
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: light
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Safe mode: off
Plugins installed: 10
Plugins enabled: 0

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

Post a screen recording of this happening in the sandobox vault.

I tried reproducing it in the sandbox vault - did not work so far, merge option is there as it should be.

But I found something new: I am using Obsidian on 3 devices (iPhone, Mac mini and iPad) with Obsidian Sync for syncing. On my iPad, the obsidian vault is also being synced with my iCloud as additional backup (but not on Mac and iPhone). Currently the merge option is only available on my iPad but not on my Mac and my iPhone.

For two other vaults, only being synced via iCloud without Obsidian Sync, the merge option is available also on Mac and iPhone.

So maybe I was wrong in stating that the option would appear/disappear randomly and it is a static issue on my Mac and my iPhone. Will have to monitor this a bit to be sure.

Update: Obsidian Discord helped me out - I needed to activate the note composer core plugin on the affected vaults. Now everything works as it should, merge option exists everywhere :innocent:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.