Mdnotes Zotero export to include abstract

Things I have tried

Hi there,

I am looking for some help setting up Mdnotes in Zotero. I went through the documentation and I created template files as advised in the help.

├── Mdnotes Default Template.md
├── Standalone Note Template.md
├── Zotero Metadata Template.md
└── Zotero Note Template.md

I used what is provided in docs.

What is working:

The only option that is working is MD Notes → export to markdown. This option works through Zotero Note Template.md because if I add some word there (e.g., test) it will appear in the output.

What I’m trying to do

I am trying to add the abstract {{abstractNote}} field to the output of my notes. I’ve read through other threads on this forum and I’ve read through the documentation. I am not able to add any other fields to the MD Notes output. In the documentation, it states that if you like to include metadata you need to use MD Notes -> create full export note. That does not do anything on my end. Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this? In the Mdnotes preferences (Export preferences) I have the following

I would appreciate any help with this.

I was able to solve this problem. I had to use the Zotero entry instead of the note when I right-clicked for the Mdnotes menu.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.