Margin-button for plain text

Things I did try

• Introductions to Obsidan (youtube)
  • changing themes
  • adding a snippet

What I’m trying to do

I would like to write notes in Osidian that are a bit more readable by adding space between text paragraphs (between p /p and the next p /p. Some people use blank lines in between (enter enter).
I want to avoid this (because I use Ulysses for publishing as docx or pdf). In Ulysses blank lines are not ignored in these documents. They widen the space. (I have to delete blank lines). Furthermore seeing paragraphs more clearly during writing (without toggling from writing to preview) would help me to see more clearly what I am writing. So I would like to see. a small space between paragraphs all the time.
I did try themes (in combination with the style plugin, but it ist mostly about colours and h1 to h6. never about simple text with margin-button.
I tried for p a snippet just adding the margin-button, and activated the snippet. So fare I see no difference (and even don’t know, wether the snippet has an influence on the appearance at all. I also think, when it works it will only influence the preview (but not the working space where I write my notes). Is there a Theme with a margin-button for text that I can adjust (or see in the file how it is done)? – Where are they stored (it is not the vault-folder).

Do you mean using margin-bottom ?

How do the CSS you’ve tried using look like?

Is this for live preview or reading view?

Sorry, my english (I did mean margin-bottom). That was the only html code I could finde that looked like it could solve my problem.

Here the code I saved in a snipet

html {
font-size: 12px;
}

h1 {
font-size: 5rem;
text-transform: capitalize;
}

h1 + p {
font-weight: bold;
}

p {
font-size: 1.5rem;
color: black;
font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
line-height: 1.1;
margin-top: 0.6;
margin-bottom: 0.6;
}

I wanted this changes to work as live preview (but would not complaine, if the code would work for reading view and print out. Though I did find a way to copy the text to the input folder of Ulysses. The main reason to try to switch from ulysses to obsidan is the way obsidian connects informations.
Best Regards

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.