Mambo No. 5: How to get one [[link]] to the left and one [[link]] to the right - in the same line?

I know how to set a link to the left:

[[link]]

But how do I set it to the left and an other link to the right in the same line?

This does not work:

<p style="text-align: right; ">[[link1]]</p>

This does not work, too:

<div style="text-align:left; float:left;"> [[link1]] </div>
<div style="text-align:right;"> [[link2]] </div>

What can I do, to get the Mambo No. 5 links to notes in the same line, one to the left, one to the right?

Try the following on for size:

<div>
  <div  style="display:inline-block; float: left;">
    <a href="obsidian://open?file=ForumStuff%2Ff51152%2FNoteG">NoteG</a>
  </div>
  <div style="display:inline-block; float: right;">
    <a href="obsidian://open?file=NoteC">NoteC</a>
  </div>
  <div style="clear:both" />
</div>

Note that for the first link I’ve used the full path, ForumStuff/f51152/NoteG, where the / are translated into %2F, whilst in the second I hope for uniqueness and just do the NoteC. Both links works. What doesn’t work is to use [[NoteG]] since this is within html tags, and then markdown goes out the window…

The outer <div> is needed for live-preview to put them on the same line, and the last div with the clear: both is needed to allow for the next text bit not to be included in between the other divs.

At least in my test this outputs as follows:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the perfect solution and the perfect explanation and enhancement. Now I can make such nice things as “previous” and “next” links at the bottom of notes. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.