Making a heading bold

I’m new to obsidian so I could easily just be doing something wrong, but I can’t figure out how to make a heading bold if thats even possible. The way I have my notes set up right now makes the headings neccessary, and having certain parts of that heading bold would make it much easier to read. I really hope this isnt just me doing something wrong so sorry if this is an easy fix and a redundant post, I just cant find the answer anywhere.

What I’m trying to do

Make part of a heading bold.

Things I have tried

From what I know, using *s and _s can make the headings italic/bold, and the italics work, but the bold doesn’t no matter what. Every phrase I try to look up just assumes that i’m talking about normal text.

Yall seem miles smarter than Ill ever be with stuff like this so sorry again if this is a dumb post.

It is making it bold, but since the heading is already bold, you just don’t see any difference.

Maybe someone can suggest a CSS snippet that would make a bold heading extra bold, or a different color or something.

1 Like

Can you paste a sample of some text in a heading that you’d like bold? How to post code in the forum.

I see a few options as rigmarole mentioned:

• You could increase the bold weight universally:
body {
    --bold-weight: 900;
}

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 8.40.38

• You could change the bold color universally:
body {
    --bold-color: #F4462F;
}

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 8.35.35

• You could try changing the bold color (or weight) only if it’s in a heading:
.markdown-rendered :is(h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6) strong, 
.HyperMD-header .cm-strong {
    color: #F4462F;
}

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 8.48.13

https://help.obsidian.md/Extending+Obsidian/CSS+snippets

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.