Make #tags also [[pages]]

I think this can be a useful addition, as it adds value and doesnt change the way tags are used now.
I just wonder - isnt it basically just an automated version of what is kind of achievable right now with 1. using search for that tag 2. copy the results 3. paste them into a note ?

For those people still looking for this functionality, Tag Wrangler 0.5.0 now supports Tag Pages, which allows you to say ā€œthis page is associated with #my/tagā€ by making the tag an alias of the page. You can then hover preview it from any place it appears, alt-click it to open the tag page, and so on. The places where the tag appears in other notes will be listed in the ā€œunlinked mentionsā€ section of the pageā€™s backlinks.

I created it mainly to be able to have hover-previewed dataview tables about specific tags, but it also serves for being able to use autocompletion of tags for certain concepts without giving up the ability to have a page for them.

(Btw, you can alias multiple tags to the same page, but they will still show as separate tags in the tags pane, despite sharing the same destination page.)

13 Likes

+1 from for this

Nobody seems to mention the power of nested tags and the autocompleted that comes with.

ex. 1
#world/netherlands/zeeland/vlissingen - here I only need start typing #vlis and autcomplete will suggest the full nested tag.

ex. 2
It can also serve as a predefined list of options.

Things you canā€™t do with links.

Thatā€™s awesome, thank you so much! :rocket:

Does the hover preview also work in the graph view? To me, the preview does not appear there for some reasons

That would require some changes to the graph plugin or hover editor, I think. Itā€™s not something Iā€™ve looked into as I donā€™t really use the graph view often (or hardly at all).

Is this issue somewhat ameliorated with this new update, which allows putting links to pages in page properties? Now you can make a tags property (well Iā€™m not sure youā€™re actually allowed to called it tags, but call it whatever elseā€¦) and include links to all page-tags you think should apply to the current page.