MAKE.md

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

Hey all,
First off, I have to say I love the MAKE.md plugin concept.

However, I have been using it this past week and regularly find it buggy and/or unresponsive. Some of the issues I constant face with it:

• BIGGEST ISSUE: When I click on a space, it won’t load or drop down the folder so I can select a file or sub-folder. This makes me have to go back to the normal file explorer which defeats some of the benefits of this plugin for me.
  • When editing front matter using the selections (Add property, Add tag, etc.), I regularly find these selections unresponsive. To get around this, I have enabled show front matter and edit this (like normal) which I dont mind doing.

I regularly check for updates and have the plugin updated to the latest version. I sometimes uninstall and re-install the plugin which fixes the issue/s for a short period of time.

• Has anyone else experienced such issues with this plugin?
  • Have you managed to find a solution?

Its getting to the point now where the plugin is causing me more frustration than benefit so I may have to uninstall (really hoping this wont happen as when it works, I love it!).

1 Like

I haven’t had that particular problem with Spaces, but I have experienced issues with inline contexts and frontmatter. Often certain properties, especially select, just don’t work. I think just editing the frontmatter like you’re doing now is the best solution at the moment. I’ve deleted the plug-in folder from File Explorer before and reinstalled, and that fixed some issues with contexts. Not all of them, though.

I’ve sort of stopped using MAKE.md because, like you said, it seems to be more of an inconvenience than a plus. I occasionally re-enable it to test updates and provide feedback to the developer, but I don’t think the plug-in is quite ready yet for heavy use. I’ve decided to wait until it becomes a bit more stable before I start relying on it for projects and such.

Also, it might be a good idea to submit these issues on the plug-in’s Github repository so that the developer is able to respond to them.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply and good suggestion, I’ll report what I am seeing in Github.

As an aside, do you happen to know how the Favourite or Star a specific folder? One thing I loved about Spaces was that I could really focus the folders I regularly work in to streamline my workflow.

Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s possible to star folders. But if you use Folder Note, you can star the folder note file and it will be similar to starring a folder, especially if you use the Note Overview feature or a dataview query to list all the files in that folder.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.