Make links clicked in sidebar notes open in the previously selected note

Things I have tried

I have a todo task list that lives in my right sidebar that is generated by the Tasks plugin. Previously, when I clicked on the page link the task belonged it, the main pane would be redirected to that page.

Now however, when I click the link that page is opened in the right sidebar pane window, which is too small and defeats the purpose of having the dashboard there.

What I’m trying to do

I want to restore the previous functionality of clicking a link in a side panel. I think it may have something to do with the sidebar panes now receiving focus as introduced in v0.15.0

Screenshot of my Tasks Dashboard

Obsidian_2022-07-16_00-00-00

Not a solution, but perhaps a workaround: if you use whatever hotkey lets you open a link in a new pane (for me on Windows it is Ctrl+Click or Ctrl+Shift+Click, I forget which), does that at least get the newly opened page out of the sidebar?

Kind of, yeah. It opens a 2nd panel in the main area which is still not what I want, but it is better.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, that is all I could think of! Hopefully someone else knows the actual solution to telling a link to open in the main/root pane and not in the active pane. @WhiteNoise is a UI expert, any ideas?

You can use ctrl/cmd-click, or middle click, or pin the note and then regular click.

1 Like

Pinning the note is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.