Make all Publish changes happen immediately

Currently, when you publish, update, or delete a site, there is an indeterminate delay. Sometimes the changes go through right away, other times it takes 10-15 minutes. This is a frustrating slowdown, especially when double-checking published content. Making changes happen immediately would be much better, and on par with standard blog functionality.

That has already been improved. With a hard fresh (Ctrl-shift-R) it works for me.

Ok, I will test Ctrl-Shift-R later and post the results. I thought I tried a hard refresh (Ctrl-click refresh button in Chrome) but perhaps that was not the right keystroke.

I’ve tested Ctrl-Shift-R (in Brave browser) several times - does not make a difference for me. It takes an average of 30-60min for newly published content to be reflected on the publish site: Internal links on Publish site break when note is updated and re-published - #4 by Sentiment

So, it doesn’t appear to be a matter of local caching, as far as I can tell.

I have more info to add:

• Ctrl-Shift-R still does not cause the changes to appear
  • Clearing site-specific data this way, also does not work (which afaik is the same as a hard refresh)

2022-07-11_11-03-24

However…opening the Publish site in a private browser window does make the changes appear - immediately after publishing.

So, I am not sure how this is possible, but it appears that whatever cache is being used to store the content somehow survives hard refreshes, but not private windows. (?)

1 Like

+1 for this issue. My use case is maintaining a public facing wiki, which gets updated very frequently.

Even if a hard refresh worked, would users be savvy enough to perform a hard refresh to get new content? It’s not really how we/users expect webpages to function these days.