Looking for inline goal tracking

First, search the help docs and this forum. Maybe your question has been answered! The debugging steps can help, too. Still stuck? Delete this line and proceed.

What I’m trying to do

So what I’m looking for is to be able to track specific goals.

For example, here’s a list of things I’m looking to track, but only from today’s current note.

Calories Burned: XXX

Caloric Intake: XXX

Caloric Status: Surplus/Deficit

Hours of Sleep: XXX

Overall Mood: XXX

The data is inline using :: I have tracker and dataviewjs installed, among others.

Things I have tried

I’ve searched this forum, as well as Reddit, and can’t seem to find what I’m looking for and don’t know entirely if its possible.

Edit: I think I’ve got an idea on how to get the information, the file is created daily with the format of YYYY-MM-DD as the file name, is it possible to get today’s file using dataviewjs? using it I might be able to get what I’m looking for, I’m just having trouble finding how to get today’s file

To get the current date within dataviewjs, you can use moment().format("YYYY-MM-DD"), and to get a random page, you can use dv.page(), so maybe something like the following will aid you along the way?

```dataviewjs
const today = dv.page( moment().format("YYYY-MM-DD") )

dv.span(today)
```

This just lists all the information related to that page, with no checks what-so-ever related to whether the file exists or not…

On another note, using inline fields can be a valid way of tracking stuff but do note that if you add multiple of any of the fields you’ll get array of the various field values. And also note that unless you’re using lists, all the inline fields are gathered together within the page/note scope, for better and worse.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.