Looking for a way to make true bidirectional links

What I’m trying to do

I am wanting to find a way to create true bidirectional or two-way links between notes without having to create separate links from A to B and then from B to A. The way that Obsidian make “backlinks” seems clunky and inefficient, at least for my workflow. I would like to be able to create a link from A to B and have Obsidian automatically make a “real” link–not a “backlink”–from B to A.

Things I have tried

Help docs only talk about creating links one way links with “backlinks.” I can’t find any forum mentions to what I am looking for, except for one mention in “No backlinks for two-way links” within the Bug graveyard.

A clickable backlink in the text of the target note requires editing that target note. I am not sure whether it would be a good idea to let the software automatically edit your target note as soon as you create a link. Where should it include the link? What display text should it use?

If it would be sufficient to have the software add a clickable title to the source note in a standard location, e.g. on the very first line or the very last line, then indeed that could be an idea for a community plugin.