Logo image file uploaded to Obsidian Publish does not show

Steps to reproduce

Uploaded a logo image file 600x600.jpg via "Site options, Logo, Pick an image file as your site logo" from the attachments folder

Expected result

Visible Logo on the obsidian publish site

Actual result

No Visible Logo on the obsidian publish site

Environment

• Operating system: macOS Monterey 12.01
  • Obsidian version:v0.12.19

Additional information

Did you wait until the cache is cleared? Otherwise, wait for a bit or do a hard reload or clear the cache.

Yup, cleared the cache, tried 3 browsers in all, that did not work.

what’s your website? did you upload that image?

thanks for the prompt reply.

• I removed the password protection, that had no effect on the visibility of the logo
  • I deleted the logo 600x600 that I uploaded
  • I imported another logo in my attachments’ folder: logo 200x200
  • When I select Pick an image file as your site logo from the attachments folder in publish, I noticed that not all my images from the attachments folder are shown. (jpg or png).
  • Unfortunately, the logo image I imported is not shown in the publish dropdown, so for the sake of test purposes I picked a random image from my attachments folder.
    This is the site: Obsidian Publish

Shall I report that in the menu Pick an image file as your site logo from the attachments folder in publish, not all images in the attachment folder are shown, as a separate bug?

Did you publish/upload the logo?

Uploaded yes, unfortunately it’s not visible on the site
The image I uploaded is a 1MB PNG image

• what is the size recommendation for JPG /PNG images?
  • what is the reason that the menu dropdown Pick an image file as your site logo from the attachments folder in publish* does show some images but not all?

We support all these formats: ['bmp', 'png', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'svg', 'webp'].

If you can’t see them in the dropdown, maybe double check your files? Make sure they end in .jpg and not .jpg.md. Obviously I can’t see your vault so it’s hard to debug for you, but if you can contrast images that show up on the list and those do not and find a pattern, that would be hugely helpful.

Lastly, just double checking that you need to upload the image file via the usual publish flow in addition to setting it in the logo field. That’s the “upload” part. But since you mentioned the word “upload” I assume you have done that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.