Live Preview: Support Footnotes in Callouts

Hi.
The issue is still happening in in obsidian 1.6.3 (sandbox)

Can confirm in 1.6.3 Desktop. Source mode and reading view look fine. Live preview looks weird.

This still happens on Desktop Version 1.9.12

I encountered this behavior today, and the current rendering in Obsidian is inconsistent.

If I add a footnote to a callout

  • In Live Preview, it renders as the footnote number appended to the previous text with no formatting and no link.
  • While editing the callout or in Source Mode, it renders with footnote formatting and the raw footnote name/number (i.e. without auto-numbering), just as it would in normal text.
  • In Reading Mode, it renders as a normal footnote.

If I remove the callout type (e.g. [!note] ) to change to a simple blockquote, then the footnote renders as a footnote in both Live Preview and Reading Mode.

I tried this in a test vault with default settings and plugins off and found the rendering was the same.

I don’t know where footnotes in callouts are officially—if this is a live feature, a feature request, a partially implemented feature, or floating in limbo—but the inconsistency is confusing.

+1
Would also love this updated! I only use obsidian in live preview so this would be a nice touch.