![[#^listtest2]]

- list 1-1  ^listtest2
	- list 2
		- list 3
		- list 4
		- list 5
		- list 6
		- list 7
  1. check the content of the embed blocks(![[#^listtest1]] and ![[#^listtest2]]) and in the preview mode or live preview mode

Expected result

the entire list of list 1 and its sub items should show up in the ![[#^listtest1]]

Actual result

the embed list is truncated after - 1. list 4

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.14.5
    Installer version: v0.13.31
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.4.0: Fri Mar 18 00:45:05 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.101.4~15/RELEASE_X86_64 21.4.0
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: supporter
    Insider build toggle: on
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

this is caused by mixing the - and 1. in the same line of the list item, i.e. - 1. is the cause, using 1) or - to replace 1. will also reproduce this issue. And I’m not quite sure that whether this is a bug or it is supposed to work like this.

1 Like

Thanks, this is due to a disruption of the list caused by the parser. Will likely not be able to fix this in the near term though…

OK. Thank you for the explanation.

I ran into this when I copied some text from other document and use the command Toggle Bullet List. The original text contains the list item like “1.”, “2.”, etc.

In case one day you want to touch this, there is another observation:

In the (live) preview mode, it seems that the parser of the editor treats this situation as: a list (with only one item) nests in another list as a list item. And more importantly, the output turns out to be acceptable: it is still readable and the folding/unfolding of the list still works.

In legacy mode:

In live preview mode:

In preview mode:

Yeah, it’s due to the way the parser works with lists, which is unfortunately not so easy to tweak for now.

了解
加油
:slight_smile: