Steps to reproduce
- Download Linux AppImage
- chmod +x Obsidian-*.AppImage
- Observe missing .SO error
App launches, or prints message on what’s missing
Error: “/tmp/.mount_ObsidicNY1i8/obsidian: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”
Solved with " sudo apt install libnss3-dev"
- Operating system: Linux on ChromeOS (https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/9145439?hl=en) on a Pixelbook
- Obsidian version: 0.8.0A
- Update download site with hint that indicates to linux users which apt package to install
- If possible, bake in the .so statically into the AppImage. I’m not familiar with this format though.