Linking to Finder not working

This link works when I’m using the Notes app, but when I use it in Obsidian, it doesn’t:

file:////Users/dannywyatt/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro/Keyboard Maestro Actions

So in Obsidian I have this:
[folder](file:////Users/dannywyatt/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro/Keyboard Maestro Actions)

But it doesn’t open Finder.
According to this post, it was supposed to work, but it’s not. It does work with Notes app though

You have to take care of the spaces in the path by encoding them with a %20 or using brackets around the entire path. e.g. [folder](<file:///.....>)

More examples here →

1 Like

Oh that’s right. Totally forgot about that. Thanks!

One thing I noticed compared to Notes is that Notes just opens Finder and selects the file/folder. Obsidian opens the file itself, which is not always desired.

Is it possible to have the link just open Finder and select the file instead of opening it?

Another quick way to create the links, as described in the documentation, is to drag and drop the file directly while holding Alt (on Mac) or Ctrl (on Windows), then just delete the ! before the square brackets:
![]

For folders, that’s not even necessary, as it will not add any ! anyway

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.