Linking to a new note with a slash in the title doesn't allow me to go to a new note

Steps to reproduce

In a note, create a link to a note that doesn’t exist. It could be as simple as [[a/b]], just make sure that there’s a slash in the title.
Holding down left control, double click on the link to create the new, non-existent note.

Expected result

It creates a new note and takes me to it.

Actual result

An error pops up about the file not existing. In the case above with [[a/b]], it’s apparently looking for a file at the path <vault location>\a\b.md (yes, the backslash is intentional, despite it being a forward slash in the markdown. Not sure if it’s relevant to the issue or not).

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • Obsidian version: v0.6.7
  • Using custom CSS:
    No

Additional information

The new note default location setting is set to ‘Same folder as the file is in’.

Does the folder ‘a’ exist?
What happens if the folder ‘a’ exists?

FYI, we only automatically create the files not the folders.

Yeah, that makes sense - I wasn’t expecting it to create the folder, but to create a note with a / in the title. It was a situation where ‘and/or’ felt appropriate.

It does create a note if the folder exists.

I just realized that I can’t put a / in a filename, and the title is always used as a filename, so this behaviour makes sense to me. It’d be nice to have a friendlier error message like you get if you try to put a / in the title of a new note, but I’m not sure how it could be done. The / is a valid character for links, so you couldn’t just detect that…