Link to timestamp of embedded audio

I’d like to create links to an instant of time , or interval of time, of the embedded audio.

For example, if I want to write thoughts about a part of a conference audio, let’s say from 12:30 to 12:47, I coud write a link to that part simply doing this:

[[audio.mp3(12:30-12:47)]]

Another example: if I want to write thoughts about the specific moment, I coud write a link to that part simply doing this:

[[audio.mp3(12:30)]]

Clicking on link, Obsidian will reproduce audio in that interval or from that istant of time, respectively.

7 Likes

+1 Both audio (this request) and video please.

Mechanically, it might be useful to put the syntax for this sort of thing in with that for resizing images (coming soon) as the payload side of an embed link.

So, more like [[audio.mp3|12:30-12:47]]. That’d keep it more in line with current syntax.

That said, I’m not sure if that kind of extension is something they’re looking to do. It could be done via plug-in API bits once that goes live, obviously.

1 Like

this feature of specifying playback range is specified in Media Fragments URI (also described in here) and already been implemented in chromium. I’ve test it by manually appending #t=[starttime][,endtime] to the end of src of the <video> element in preview mode and it works perfectly.