Link description boxes

I would really like to display a description of why I’ve included a link. The description should be displayed when I hover over the link in preview mode. I would enter the description as a parameter inside of the link brackets.

So the use would look like this:

1. Make a link: [[Brain]]
  2. Add a description of why I made the link inside of the link. [[Brain description=‘Adding link descriptions helps me form more connections between concepts in my brain.’]] (Any syntax would be acceptable in practice).
  3. When I hover over the link in preview mode, the description value is displayed in a hover box instead of a preview of the linked note.

I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty and I know a little JavaScript, so I would be happy with some leads for how to implement this plugin or suggestions on how to build it. Although if you want to build it, that’s cool with me too.

4 Likes

+1 Bumpski

I think what you are looking for would be related to link-types. Check out this megathread asking for the feature: Add support for link types
For a workaround that is available right now, checkout the breadcrumbs plugin and also juggl plugin.
If anyone knows other plugins that helps with implementing some form of link types, please let me know!