Link auto-lookup suddenly requiring sequential/contiguous characters (incl. whitespaces) for pattern matching on target (Linux, but not MacOS)

I’m encountering an odd bug in the Linux version of the app (but not the MacOS version): link auto-lookup is now requiring characters to be sequential/contiguous in order to pattern-match on existing notes’ titles, whitespace characters inclusive.

The old, expected behavior (on Linux) was that I would type in “[[pathopfunc” and then be prompted with a list of candidates including the desired target, my note titled “path operation function.”

This held for me up until yesterday, with an AppImage from installer v0.13.19. But, with v0.14.5 running, I found I had to type in “[[path op” or something similar – with the input characters all being contiguous in the target note name – to get “path operation function” to come up. (The old prompt “[[pathopf” would not return it; the same applied for other test inputs as well.)

The old, correct behavior persists on my MacOS installation (which is v0.14.5), but the new, incorrect behavior persists on my Linux machine (with an update to the beta of v0.14.6, and also a new installer version for the AppImage, v0.14.2, and also post-reboot). I’m not aware of having done anything to occasion the change in behavior.

Could this be a problem with my Linux environment, or perhaps something going awry with the Linux AppImage?

post a screen recording of this happening in the help vault.

Posted here (with an improved, more correct explanation). Thanks…

post a screen recording of this happening in the help/sandbox vault.
You can post it here, no need to open other threads.

Sorry, I don’t know how to access the help/sandbox vault (from forum.obsidian.md), and can’t find any posts explaining it…

click on the ? in the lower left corner and then open the sandbox vault.

Also what does show debug info say in the sandbox vault?