Link auto-complete shows 'no match found' when adding alt link text to existing note

Steps to reproduce

1. Open a note in the Help Sandbox
  2. Start typing an internal link to an existing note, e.g. [[Vault
  3. Use arrow keys to select an existing note and hit TAB to auto-complete and jump cursor to end of the note title.
  4. Now type the vertical bar character | to start adding alt link display text, e.g. [[Vault is just a local folder|

Expected result

Because I have selected and auto-completed the full title of the target note, I expect it to remain visible and selected in the link auto-complete pop-up, as I add my own custom display text to this link.

Actual result

My selected note disappears from the auto-complete pop-up and I get the false error “No match found”.

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS Mojave
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.14.9
    Installer version: v0.13.30
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 18.7.0: Tue Jun 22 19:37:08 PDT 2021; root:xnu-4903.278.70~1/RELEASE_X86_64 18.7.0
    Login status: logged in
    Catalyst license: supporter
    Insider build toggle: on
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

You selected the note name, the no match found is for the alias.

Ah, I understand. The UX is a little confusing in the case where the user intent is to write custom alt text for this particular link, not search for an existing alias.

I should turn this into a UX feature request then.

Thanks please open the UX feature request. I think it’s valuable.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.