Limit Local Graph Links to Only Certain Types?

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

I’m trying to make a searchabe tape catalog.

I’m trying to come up with a system for logging and tracking video tapes.
What I’d like to do is be able to see a local graph that includes:

• people that appear on tape
  • people that are mentioned in conversation
  • locations filmed
  • certain topics discussed

But I do not want to see other outbound links like other page links, project name, etc. because that introduces too much noise.

Is there a way to show only certain defined links like the above? Where I can then turn on and off datapoints, like see only people, or only people and locations, etc.

Ultimately I’m trying to leverage Obsidians linking to be able to sort through hundreds of hours of tapes and tape transcritpions and find where certain people or ideas overlap for help in editing.

Additionally, I’m trying to incorporate dataview to make lists, but I also want to leverage the graph, but I’m probably creating a bit of overlap, so any advice on how to proceed before going too far down a path would be incredibly helpful!

Best,

R

What you are interrested in is Add suppport for link types, and if you want it usable in built-in obsidian views, it should probably be added as a core feature and not a plugin.

Just using notes meta-data won’t solve your usecase since even if you have #people tags on the persons notes, it’s the link itself between the movie and the person who has to clarify the relation between those two, not the nature of the person.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.