Lifetime Early Bird Pricing

What does acctually qualify for ‘lifetime early bird pricing’ of publishing function - buying whole year subscription or just one month would be enough?

3 Likes

I think there’s only an option for annual payment. That’s the one I got for my obsidian publish

Yes, only an option for annual payment.

Thank you.

@sam.baron or @Silver ~

Clarification request…

The front page of the Publish web site says a 50% discount is available on annual purchases for “Early Birds” for a limited time

However, the actual payment pop-up says only a 20% discount is available now on the annual purchase option – but when you check the payment calculation, the discount is actually 50%.

In addition, I just now discovered the monthly purchase price is apparently also available at the 50% discount.

See 3 attached screenshots below.

Unless I missing something here, shouldn’t the discount on BOTH the monthly and annual purchase options be listed as 50% ~ instead of 20% on the annual only?

Also, is the current 50% discount available on a lifetime basis (as suggested in the discussion above), or is it now limited to the first year purchase only?

Will be looking forward to feedback and clarification from someone on the Obsidian team

Thanks in advance.

50PercentDicount-EarlyBirds

Annual50PercentDiscount

Monthly50PercentDiscount

1 Like

Unless I missing something here, shouldn’t the discount on BOTH the monthly and annual purchase options be listed as 50% ~ instead of 20% on the annual only?

That means paying yearly saves you 20% compared to paying for a whole year month by month. The early bird pricing is separate at the checkout (see green label).

In addition, I just now discovered the monthly purchase price is apparently also available at the 50% discount.

That’s correct. The screenshot below does not mean the early bird discount is limited to yearly, it only states the price is $8/month when billed annually. We don’t have space to put both prices in the button.

I thought this is pretty clear when yearly and monthly prices are viewed side by side, but maybe we need to rethink that. Haven’t heard anyone else getting confused about this, but we’ll keep an eye on it.

4 Likes

@Silver ~ Thank you for taking time to clarify, and my apologies for troubling you with this.

All the pricing details are actually perfectly clear, and I just had a brain cramp when reviewing the payment pop-up late last night. My bad.

In fact, I just now woke up and realized the “20% Off” reference (obviously) meant the annual vs. monthly savings, and I had come back here to delete my misguided question, when I found your helpful feedback and clarification.

Thanks again for taking time to explain the obvious! :wink: :blush:

1 Like

No worries! Glad it cleared that up. We always look for ways to further clarify confusing bits of information, and we really appreciate your feedback with fresh eyes! :heart:

2 Likes

@Silver I completely dropped the ball and forgot to purchase both Publish and Sync in this last round of early-bird reduced pricing (just got Sync; only started with Obsidian this year). Are there discounts periodically offered? (Or any chance for me to sneak in a grace-purchase past Sept 30? Guessing not, as that would open up a can-of-worms stream of requests…) I’m just learning the platform and didn’t realize the functionality of Publish until — well, 13 days too late :slight_smile:

2 Likes